Friday, June 14, 2019

First Week!

Today marks the end of my first week working for Gabby on the monitoring portion of the green crab project. I have  now learned all of my duties and responsibilities for the next 7 weeks. I will be in charge of collecting data via random quadratic sampling at three separate locations in the Great Bay Estuary, which I am looking forward to. I absolutely love doing field work and being out getting my hands dirty (quite literally!) I will also be coordinating and leading the Great Green Crab Hunts for public outreach and crab collecting. I am looking forward to the public outreach and leadership portion, however I have never coordinated volunteers before. Even though it is something I have never done I am still eager to learn a new skill, especially because I know I will be utilizing the skills I learn this summer in my next semester of school with all of my new leadership positions.





The highlight of my week has definitely been seeing not one, but two crabs molt right in front of me! They do a very uncoordinated looking back flip out of their shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment