Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ready or Not!

Hello!
Thank you for taking time to explore my blog.  The Brian E. Doyle fellowship is a unique opportunity  to gain experiences outside of the classroom.  As a rising senior at UNH majoring in marine, estuarine, and freshwater biology I developed an interest in fisheries and sustainable fishing after assisting in a study of juvenile growth and development in channeled whelks in 2012.  I will be working with Sea Grant and UNH Cooperative Extension on a variety of projects including the N.H Fresh & Local Seafood marketing campaign, fisheries extension work, and community outreach at farmer's and seafood markets.


I welcome you to check back to this blog to see updates on my experiences and projects as a Doyle fellow.  I am excited to get started and make the most of the next 8 weeks.  Ready or not... it's time to get to work!

Me with two channeled whelks from my studies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment