Saturday, August 11, 2018

One Last Time

Hello Everyone,

I am blogging here as a Doyle Fellow for one last time!  This past week was my last week at the Jackson Estuarine Lab.  It has been an absolute blast this summer and I have learned so much! I started the internship barely knowing a thing about green crabs, and now I feel like an expert on them.  I can tell the difference from the top whether it is a male or female. I am also now very comfortable handling them--I can reach my hand into a crate full of hundreds of angry crabs and pull one out with no problem.  I have skills I learned this summer that I will take with me forever.  Thinking back on my first week, which incorporated the Green Crab Summit, feels like forever ago!  Upon looking back on all the things I did this summer, I found some pictures of my experiences (thanks Gabby!) I will look back on fondly that I wanted to share with you all:
Male crab found at our last crab hunt at Fort Stark-he was feisty!

My favorite crab (she was albino!) that we named Thumbelina--nickname Lina! 
Another big male we found!

In the process of creating the big crates or "crab condos" :) 

All finished with this one!

The unfortunate crab that molted and had its legs pulled off by the others around it but was still alive:(

So, these are some of the pictures of the good times we had this summer! It is bittersweet writing my last blog post, but I know the memories will always last!

~Nicole 

No comments:

Post a Comment