Friday, July 13, 2018

Post-Presentation

Hello again, everybody!

Yesterday I gave a presentation to the other Cooperative Extension interns on my project/internship thus far. I also got to listen to presentations from the other interns and learn about what they've been working on!

I get very nervous giving presentations, so naturally I was anxious. However, it went well and I only got a little bit flustered! The audience seemed interested in my work and asked questions about shucking oysters, blending them into a "smoothie" for processing (see the picture below!), and if swimmers need to be concerned about Vibrio-related illnesses around here.



I've also been doing some research on ways to analyze microbial communities in oysters for a potential upcoming experiment... very exciting! Being a microbiologist, learning about all of the bacteria I can work with as well as ways to analyze them is thrilling!

Until next time!
Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment