Thursday, July 12, 2018

Still Going Strong!

Hi Again!

I am writing from after the UNH Extension internship presentation!  All the interns under UNH Extension were to present a quick talk on their experiences at their internship so far.  When I showed up today, I was expecting only a few people, but there was a whole classroom of people there to listen and present!  At first, it was a little nerve-racking, but as people started presenting I started to think less about the nerves of my presentation and just focus on the people who were presenting and what they had to say.  It was a fun few hours, and I got some great questions at the end which made me excited that people were interested in what I had to say.
Also, earlier today, a group of high schoolers came to tour the Jackson Estuarine Lab (where most of my work is based out of), and I got to explain my project to them as well! I was also able to connect with a girl who is a junior in high school interested in the field of environmental science (my major) and marine biology as well.  It was very fun being able to explain the work that I am taking part in to so many interested ears today, and also made me excited to keep going strong with the research so that hopefully we get good results!


Until next week!
~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment