Monday, July 29, 2019

Left Brain, Right Brain

Week 7:

The conference is next week and the anticipation is tangible! I visited several Portsmouth businesses to collect coupons for the welcome bags we will give to conference attendees from and have written to thank each business. We stuffed the welcome bags with goodies and coupons, which involved walking around a large table in a line to place each item into the bags, all while listening to music and eating baked goods. 

On a long-term projects note, I’ve been working with a hefty historical dataset (~740,000 rows of data; about 50 years of monitoring!) from Shoals Marine Lab for the high school curriculum. Aside from the human interaction aspect of meeting lots of new people, I get to sit quietly on my computer and work in Excel. When I’m done sorting and filtering data, it should be easy to use and understand in the marine science curriculum. I’ve never worked with an Excel dataset this big before, so it’s been a really fun challenge. I’ve discovered features I never learned about in my four years of college.

No comments:

Post a Comment